Ways To Live Healthy – Optimal nutrition
When it comes to
You can have more energy, and feel more satisfied, just by following a few elementary tips for your lifelong eating plan.
- Eat with awareness. Know what you are putting in your mouth each time you eat.
- Get sugar foods (boxed cereals, pastries, desserts, fruit drinks, soda, etc.) out of your current diet. These foods taste good, but sugar foods are the biggest saboteurs of
weight losssuccess stories for women.
- Reduce the amount of processed foods (those that come boxed, in cans, or wrapped in plastic) you eat. Yes, they taste delicious, but that is because the fat has been altered, sugar added…and chemicals pumped into them. Work hard to get them out of your diet.
- Go easy on grains. They are touted as health foods, but in reality they are bloated with carbs and calories. Whole grain pasta, bagels, bread, and pizza taste wonderful, but they are also very easily stored on your waist and hips.
- Raw fruits, vegetables, unprocessed nuts, and solid (wild fish, turkey, grilled chicken, venison, buffalo) protein sources are the building blocks of a lifetime eating plan. Each meal or snack should contain a serving of each.
- Solid protein sources are far more beneficial than protein drinks. Shakes do not satiate you, and you’ll end up eating more food. Solid protein sources make you feel full…and they take more calories to digest!
- Several small meals are much better for your blood sugar levels that three large ones. Maintain blood sugar levels and you maintain insulin release.
- Drink more water. (Not tea, coffee, or diet pop.) An ounce of water per every two lbs. of body
weightis good to shoot for when you start. Even slight dehydration can bring on feelings of being “empty”…fooling you into thinking you need to ingest more calories.
Ways To Live Healthy – Move more
Regular and consistent
There are to types of
Your weekly cardio routines needs to combine steady-state movements with sessions of high-intensity interval training. You will need to gradually work up to these workouts. Keep in mind, walking on the treadmill while reading PEOPLE magazine means you are not working hard enough during your steady-state sessions. 30 minutes of daily cardio will do wonders for you mentally, physically, and emotionally.
Ways To Live Healthy – Get quality rest
Approximately 40% of all adults are sleep deprived and about 75% exhibit some form of sleep disturbances. The lack of adequate rest has been directly linked with an increase in body fat because it is during sleep that the critical hormonal responses related to human growth hormone take place.
Getting quality rest takes some planning just like it does for your nutritional and movement needs. Simple strategies like going to bed at the same time each night, taking a warm shower before bed, eating some protein (and staying away from carbs) to keep you satiated all night, and not getting worked up with texting, surfing the Internet, or watching TV all play a major role.
Keeping your room dark helps promote the secretion of melatonin, which greatly enhances deep sleep. Keeping your bedroom free of clutter and making your bed each morning promotes a relaxing atmosphere.
Ways To Live Healthy – Get poisons out of your life
Addictive behavior affects all areas of your life. Thousands of
Please know that people seek counseling because Life can be a mess. You are NOT the mess. You are looking for ways to live healthy in situations that trigger powerful emotions.